Thursday, January 5, 2012

Turmeric

First let me update on roselle seeds, I have few bloggers who request for the Roselle seeds! I will sent them soon! I don't know if US allow seeds postage but i will sent them! ;)

OK back to the topic.

Turmeric either in powder form or the Rhizome form is a must in most of Indian cooking. It's a ancient Ayurvedic herbs used by Indians in many treatment. Other than that Turmeric is considered auspicious and used in every Indian wedding and prayers.

The leaves

The old rhizome

I remember while I was young and naughty, my Mother use to grind the turmeric rhizome for all my bruises and cut. It cure the wound quiet fast!

Knowing the goodness of Turmeric, I welcome this plant in my garden! I have wrote before how I got this plant. Now the whole place have been cleaned for Turmeric healthy growth!

3 comments:

  1. I like the foliage and it's nice that it can be used for other things also.
    Cher Sunray Gardens

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely a must plant in the garden. The whole plant is useful. I did not plant any turmeric this summer but somehow many of last year plant resprouted itselfs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good growth. The leaves are used for making sweet kozhakattai , in Goa. The aroma of turmeric and the sweetness of the dish gives a heady taste.

    ReplyDelete