Dark thulasi or karun thulasi in tamil is favourite plant in Indian house. They are very important ingredient for ayurvedic medicine too.
I got this plant from stem cutting. It was just a try but it work out. The thulasi plant have grown so much from the initial stage. I plant to plant them in larger pot this week.
From WIkipedia:
Ocimum tenuiflorum, also known as Ocimum sanctum, holy basil, or tulasī, is an aromatic plant in the family Lamiaceae which is native to the Indian Subcontinent and widespread as a cultivated plant throughout the Southeast Asian tropics. It is an erect, many branched subshrub, 30–60 cm tall with hairy stems and simple opposite green or purple leaves that are strongly scented. Leaves have petioles and are ovate, up to 5 cm long, usually slightly toothed. The flowers are purplish in elongate racemes in close whorls.
I got this plant from stem cutting. It was just a try but it work out. The thulasi plant have grown so much from the initial stage. I plant to plant them in larger pot this week.
From WIkipedia:
Ocimum tenuiflorum, also known as Ocimum sanctum, holy basil, or tulasī, is an aromatic plant in the family Lamiaceae which is native to the Indian Subcontinent and widespread as a cultivated plant throughout the Southeast Asian tropics. It is an erect, many branched subshrub, 30–60 cm tall with hairy stems and simple opposite green or purple leaves that are strongly scented. Leaves have petioles and are ovate, up to 5 cm long, usually slightly toothed. The flowers are purplish in elongate racemes in close whorls.
It's always worth trying cuttings
ReplyDeleteI have never seen before, looks so interesting
ReplyDeleteInteresting plant! Not sure whether are these the same one that I've seen from the market!
ReplyDeleteSue: Yes!
ReplyDeleteendah: it's called basil too
potted garden: I think that's thai basil