Jambu air merah also known as red rose apple in English. The fruit is rich in vitamins and called tonic for the brain.
My tree is almost 2 years old but I can't see any fruits yet. The plant grow so much that I trim them down last weekend. I add some fruiting fertilizer in hope to see some fruits!
The fruits are bell shaped, red in colour and cotton soft mesh like structure. They taste sweet.
| beautiful young shoots |
My tree is almost 2 years old but I can't see any fruits yet. The plant grow so much that I trim them down last weekend. I add some fruiting fertilizer in hope to see some fruits!
The fruits are bell shaped, red in colour and cotton soft mesh like structure. They taste sweet.
You don't cut off the nots that will fruit do you?
ReplyDeleteSorry for the typo that should say bits and not nots
DeleteHello Malar, firstly, here is wishing you a very happy Mother's Day :) The tree is looking really healthy. I hope the fertiliser that you bought will work and you will see Jambu Air fruits soon! Keep up with the TLC ;-)
ReplyDeleteI like rojak with jambu.
ReplyDeleteSue: hahaaa... :)
ReplyDeleteStephanie: hope so!
rainfield: I love them too! ;)