Wednesday, May 20, 2015

pokok misai kucing


Misai kucing or known as Orthosiphon stamineus is very beneficial herb. Locally it's also known as cat whiskers as the flowers resemble cat's whiskers.

the beautiful purple flower


The herbs are used for diabetic treatment, to reduce cholesterol, remove toxin from body, etc. The whole plants have great beneficial value. For simple treatment method, just boil the leaves and drink the water.

I bought this plant few weeks ago after knowing the goodness of this small herb!


6 comments:

  1. That is a great herb, You seem to grow many herbs in your garden.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lotueleaf: I had planted many in the past but many missing now...hahhaa...

    sue: They are! hahahhaa....

    ReplyDelete
  3. This misai kucing vanished already from my garden...I think I should get it back.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty flowers. My sister has a pot of this plant.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This one with purple blooms looks quite pretty as well.

    ReplyDelete