Hi Malar, We had a jackfruit tree when I was little. And the tree bears very big jackfruits! To what I remember, you will know the fruit is ripe when you can smell the fragrance of the fruits, just take a sniff and you will know. And the fruit would be slightly softer to the touch when pressed. I'm so jealous of your jackfruit, I really miss my old jackfruit tree, used to play hide and seed with my friends and siblings behind the tree with the big gigantic fruits covering us! We love eating jackfruits and have memories of my mother cutting the fruit open and we would be waiting rather impatiently! Enjoy your fruit!
I've never come across them so,no idea I'm afraid.
ReplyDeleteI think this tree won't survive in low temperature...;)
DeleteI think this tree won't survive in low temperature...;)
DeleteWah Malar... really huge one, Saya baru nak tanam. Tak tahu bila boleh makan buah..
ReplyDeleteI think you will be able to eat one in 4-5 years! ;)
DeleteHi Malar,
ReplyDeleteWe had a jackfruit tree when I was little. And the tree bears very big jackfruits! To what I remember, you will know the fruit is ripe when you can smell the fragrance of the fruits, just take a sniff and you will know. And the fruit would be slightly softer to the touch when pressed. I'm so jealous of your jackfruit, I really miss my old jackfruit tree, used to play hide and seed with my friends and siblings behind the tree with the big gigantic fruits covering us! We love eating jackfruits and have memories of my mother cutting the fruit open and we would be waiting rather impatiently! Enjoy your fruit!
Wow! Such a sweet memories of jackfruit for you!
DeleteThis fruit do not have any smell! may be i shall touch and see ;)
Wow! Such a sweet memories of jackfruit for you!
DeleteThis fruit do not have any smell! may be i shall touch and see ;)
Very nice jackfruit... Let it ripen on the tree, check the smell before potong....
ReplyDeleteThe 1st fruit do not have any smell at all! it's ripening silently i guess! hahahaha....
DeleteWow! Amazing job, Malar. Can I have some, please :-)
ReplyDeleteyes! Pelase come over once it's ripe! ;)
DeleteSure? I am a big eater you know... just kidding ;)
DeleteSend me some when you potong.
ReplyDeleteHmmm, smell good.
sent? i bet the whoel post office will smell divine! hahaha...
ReplyDeletesent? i bet the whoel post office will smell divine! hahaha...
ReplyDelete