Friday, January 15, 2016

GBBD January 2016 & Pongal Wishes

This is the first GBBD for year 2016. 

Here it's really very hot. I need to water the plants everyday. Young vegetable seedlings require watering twice. It's a big surprise since the east coast of Malaysia is having Monsoon with flood everywhere and we in Kuala Lumpur facing summer! Geographically we are small country.

Nevertheless plants do love the sun! The flowering plants are having a show. 

My camera dropped down and something is not right with it. The photos look blur.



Hibiscus are everywhere in full bloom! Their parade in yellow and red!



Marigold flowering profusely



self seeded Torenia have taken the pegaga pot


Starfruit flowers are in abundance. I don't see much fruits yet!


This is for GBBD Jan 2016. What's flowering in your garden now? I'm adding this post to GBBD hosted by May Dream Flowers at may dream flower

Today is Pongal or Harvesting festival for Indians. Happy Pongal to all Indians who are celebrating Pongal! 

10 comments:

  1. Happy Pongal.
    My neighbor had the prayers very early in the morning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a day to thank the sun! Harvest festival

      Delete
  2. Beautiful blooms! They are all familiar to me, as I have the same plants in Florida...except for the Starfruit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really ! I shall go and visit your blog soon! ;)

      Delete
  3. Oh dear does that mean a new camera?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Luckily no Sue. My friend did some magic ( may be) and it return back to it's normal! ;)

      Delete
  4. Happy Pongal...., may hibiscus keep flowering to brighten up your heart, and your family be happy always.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ditempat saya sudah 3 hari hujan turun lebat setelah sebulan lebih kemarau tapi cuaca tetap lagi panas.

    ReplyDelete