Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Nangka

I was wondering in the garden last weekend when something urge me to see the nangka fruit. I press the fruit and it was soft. I try to smell and it has divine smell! The nangka is ripe!  Thank you Joyce from little potted garden and Bangchik and kak dah for their useful tips to ensure the fruit ripeness! 



I cut the fruit and bring it the inside. I smear my hand with oil and cut open them immediately. The fruit was sweet. My first harvest without any damage!


12 comments:

  1. Wah..congrat Malar...dapat makan buah sulung yang masak eluk..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why do you need to smear your hands with oil?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The fruits have a lot of sticky like gum paste. You need oil in order to protect your hand from all those sticky gum ;)

      Delete
  3. I wish I could plant such fruit trees but can't due to constraint of space. Nothing ever beats home-grown fruits.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a very good harvest, well done. .

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Malar,
    That is one delicious harvest! We love jackfruit and it makes very delicious ice cream too! I really miss my old jackfruit tree and the memories along with it! Lucky you, there will be many more fruits in many more years to come from your wonderful jackfruit tree!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It smells good.

    Because I can can smell it from Penang.

    ReplyDelete