Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Lengkuas



My first attempt on lengkuas or Galangal. This root vegetable is commonly used in curries. They look similar to their cousin the ginger but but harder texture!

It has a lot of medical benefits too. It's believed to protect cancer cell growth, to treat rheumatic and many other medical treatment too. Besides medical, its used as one of the ingredient for cosmetic!


10 comments:

  1. We usually use the lengkuas rhizome for cooking, so aromatic. We love it

    ReplyDelete
  2. Malar, I planted a red ginger root the other day. Not sure how to use it yet :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always used lengkuas kecil in my cooking. There are 2 types of lengkuas kecil, one is often sell at the shop - medium size and another is the smallest one as big as the forefinger tips.I planted the smallest one at home

      Delete
  4. Not somnething I am familiar with

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SUe, this is common only in Asian cooking! ;)

      Delete
  5. A small garden produces wonders.

    ReplyDelete