Thursday, April 12, 2012

Angle luffa @ Petola


This is my 3rd attempt to grow Petola. The 2 previous attempt was unsuccessful. Beetle bite and ate all the leaves and left my plant in sorry state. I was not aware of the damage until it's too late to save the plant. When I'm left with little time, this is what happen to my vegetable. 


This time, I put effort. I check the leaves and all parts. Now the plant is flowering. I put my finger cross! Hope to see few Petola. There are many young fruits but all turn yellow fall of after few days. Can it be poor pollination?


the fruit which turn yellow and drop......

4 comments:

  1. Not sure what that plant is or the fruit. Maybe you have the wrong type of soil to grow it.

    Cher Sunray Gardens

    ReplyDelete
  2. Try pollinating it yourself! And see whether it works! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Waiting to see the Petola fruits..

    But you have many teachers around.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a pretty vine there. If possible find some time to hand pollinate the flowers ;-)

    ReplyDelete