The mulberry fruits in the pot have started to ripe!
I was hesitant to transfer the cutting since it have a lot of fruits. I'm worried that the transfer will cause some transplant shock and all the fruit will drop. I will transplant them to the ground once the fruit are plucked!
Those are precious mulberries I'm waiting eagerly to pluck!
I was hesitant to transfer the cutting since it have a lot of fruits. I'm worried that the transfer will cause some transplant shock and all the fruit will drop. I will transplant them to the ground once the fruit are plucked!
Those are precious mulberries I'm waiting eagerly to pluck!
That's what mulberries look like?? I had no idea! LOL-thanks for sharing!
ReplyDeleteLove them. Brings back many memories as a kid. I wouldn't tranplant either at this point. Wait until all hot weather is over with.
ReplyDeleteCher Sunray Gardens
The mulberries are not shy enough. They will turn very red when they are.
ReplyDeleteI've never tasted mulberries are they sweet?
ReplyDeleteMake sure you obscure those delicious fruit or si ekor panjang nanti nampak.
ReplyDeleteThe fruit looks yummy. I've never tried it. You're probably right to wait to transplant after the fruit ripens. There's no reason to risk loosing it.
ReplyDeletehow long those it took to ripen. i wish to grow mulberry too.
ReplyDeleteYummy mulberries! Around here, mulberry trees are grown for their leaves- to feed the silkworms.
ReplyDeleteDreamy bee: Yes. It's very easy to grow plant
ReplyDeleteSunray: You should hv plucked and eat this fresh berries too in young age! ;)
Rainfield: I'm waiting for it!
Sue: When they are fully ripe, they taste very sweet and juicy! ;)
MKZ: Oh dear....I'm trying hard....hahhahaa....
Jody:they taste very sweet and juicy.. ;)
mat jon: It's very easy growing plant. Takes another 1-2 weeks I guess...
Lotusleaf: food for silk worm? how about the fruits? do you harvest them?
I love mulberries. We have some wild that we always pick every summer. Recently the city has cut them back and last year, we hardly had any. I always mix them with apples and make a pie. When my father was a boy, he used to raise silkworms and did use the leaves to feed them. Then, at the end of the season, they would steam the vines, strip off the outer bark for farmers to use as twine, and use the white inner part of the vines to weave into baskets.
ReplyDelete