Thursday, March 14, 2013

Avarai - Similar to Peas

This is famous vegetables in Indian community. The look is similar to peas. The plant grows well in hot weather and they are very good in climbing!




Last weekend I saute them with garlic and ginger . AT the final stage of cooking I add egg to increase the flavour! ... and they are ready for eating!




7 comments:

  1. Do they come up every year or are they annual. Pretty colour of flower.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the flower blooms. I don't care for peas cooked other than in other dishes and I love them raw in salads.
    Cher Sunray Gardens

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish the many pods or beans from my flowering vines and shrubs can be eaten. I do not propagate them and its just thrown away which is such a waste.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sue: They stay for atleast 2-3 months and we have to start sowing the seeds again!

    Sunray: peas taste good even raw! ;)

    sharon: hahhahaa...

    stiletto: please sent the extra beans to my house! hahhaha...

    lrong: very good for intestine!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yum! I don't think I have tasted this bean before...

    ReplyDelete