It's been almost 1 month I never update the blog!
There is nothing much update on my garden as most of the plant are surviving on own. No new vegetables seeds sowed too.
I have very bad timing with tomatoes! The seeds were sown 2 months back. It look so good in small pot and I decided to transfer them to them ground early this month! Look at how it look like now....... ;(
There is nothing much update on my garden as most of the plant are surviving on own. No new vegetables seeds sowed too.
I have very bad timing with tomatoes! The seeds were sown 2 months back. It look so good in small pot and I decided to transfer them to them ground early this month! Look at how it look like now....... ;(
I'm not sure what is the problem. Even though I seldom tend the plant nowadays , this small patch become my attention since I love tomato plants!
Is it the soil? almost 80% of the seedling dead and wilting! I'm so much shocked since they look so good in pot! One of the seedling has started to form flowers too!
Anyone know the reason? Previously this patch belongs to pak choy!
Hello Malar, it is good to hear from you and read of your frank and real encounters with the plants that you are growing. Nothing beats true experiences. I have a few fail attempts with tomatoes. So not so certain what's the cause of the problem. I guess your poor plant must have suffered a shock, maybe a drought in the day. And yes, you have a great weekend as well!
ReplyDeleteI don't grow veggies anymore myself but I do know from reading things that it is often because the soil is depleted. I know here that sometimes they have to let soil rest for one year.
ReplyDeleteCher Sunray Gardens
Did you fertilize it? Perhaps this will help.
ReplyDeleteIt's hard to say as our conditions are so different - if it was here I would have said cold conditions but that's hardly going to be the case for you.
ReplyDeleteFrom the photos, the soil appear to be clayey and compact. For ground planting, I've seen farmers digging up the soil for aeration. To rejuvenaate the soil, try to add some coarse river sand and humus or any organic fertilizer pellets. Sheep and chicken pellets are inexpensive and effective. Happy gardening.
ReplyDeleteLike my tomato campak-campak :) I used goat manure fetilizer 2 weeks before transplanting the tomatoes seelings.. may be they were shocked due to the transplanting as they were flowering..try to transplant before flowering...
ReplyDeletesimply beautifully captured shots... lovely!
ReplyDeleteHi Malar,
ReplyDeleteLike you, I have not been tending to my garden much lately. Tomatoes to me are not that easy to grow especially in this extremely hot weather. I grew cherry tomatoes once, and after the first fruits of about less than two dozen fruits, the plant suddenly died! Not quite sure what happened!
I encountered similar problem as well with tomato. Now Its been 3 weeks since I last saw them wonder how they are doing.
ReplyDeleteStephanie: I think of the hot weather too!
ReplyDeletesunray: I have given 1 year time too but not sure why...
Autumn: I tried last weekend. Let's see...
Sue: ;)
Stiletto: I have added soil bought from nursery but let see my luck....
suka suka: let's wait and see the outcome.....
Kalyan: thanks!
kitchen: Tomatoes need a lot of pampering......;)
MKZ: Hope the tomatoes strive well! ;)
The burnt soil sold at nurseries arae actually not very nutrient rich but wonderful in terms of porosity.
Delete