The initial turmeric plant grow from the tuber I throw away few years ago. Later the corner was modified to be waste area and I use to burn them. That cause the turmeric plant some heat shock I guess..... It went missing after some times.
After considering amount of pollution I'm creating to mother nature, I close the burning place and planted few plants. That was the time I realize that turmeric is no more to be seen. I bought some tuber form wet market and planted them in a pot. They must be happy growing in the pot. I saw few shoots of turmeric from mother plant.
I will transplant them to the ground this week.
After considering amount of pollution I'm creating to mother nature, I close the burning place and planted few plants. That was the time I realize that turmeric is no more to be seen. I bought some tuber form wet market and planted them in a pot. They must be happy growing in the pot. I saw few shoots of turmeric from mother plant.
I will transplant them to the ground this week.
Your turmeric certainly looks healthy in the pot!
ReplyDeleteInteresting to see the plant as I have only ever seen the powdered root
ReplyDeleteMy turmeric root got rotten recently. . Need to sow new rhizomes. .
ReplyDeleteHappy gardening.
ReplyDeleteYou reminds me to grow it again!
ReplyDeleteMine, the leaves sometimes curled up... maybe too dry hehe... Yours look fantastic!
ReplyDelete