Thursday, August 11, 2016

Pegaga or Gotu kola


Pegaga have been producing a lot of leaves. It disappear for about 6 months and make a come back last month. I think it went into hibernation like the polar bear! ;)

Luckily I never discharge the soil in this pot. It was left under the mango tree. Out of nowhere, suddenly I saw it regrow back last month! Miracle of gardening I guess!





This leaves are very beneficial. I have wrote about the benefit few years ago. This herbs is so much welcomed to my garden! 

12 comments:

  1. I grow pegagan on our raised bed in backyard. But stalks are so slim, I think too much shade here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it can grow in shade. Mine is at partial shade area too ;)

      Delete
  2. Certainly a great plant to grow. I think they are best eaten raw or get the juice to drink.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes, they are best eaten as salad. They also enhance memory. Malar, I don't know how the shankha pushpa tonic is made.

    ReplyDelete
  4. yes, they are best eaten as salad. They also enhance memory. Malar, I don't know how the shankha pushpa tonic is made.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I also noticed that my pegaga disappeared during the hot season. Now its growing back after a lot of rain falls.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice surprise you had Malar. I have tried to grow but doesn't spread out like yours.

    Cheers
    vsomayaji.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete