Monday, August 22, 2016

Petola Ular and stir fry


Petola plants have been producing few petola last week. They are not long like the market bought one! It's called snake gourd in english since the long appearance. Mine is short!

Another view
I harvested 4 of them. Enough for me took cook meal for the family! 




I harvest them last weekend and stir fry them right away. Fresh from the garden. It has light sweet taste like cucumber! I never tasted them this tasty in market bought one!!


 It gives me every reason to plant vegetables at home! ;)


9 comments:

  1. Nothing tastes as good as home grown. Your petola looks long enough to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never try this petola before. The flesh look more to bitter gourd and a little bit suprised the taste more to cucumber. I thought it same like petola segi.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, the taste differs from petola segi and petola ular. Try them one day! ;)

      Delete
  3. Lovely harvest! Homegrown is always the best!
    Your stir-fry looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have never success on sowing this plant, last time I sowed the seeds last month, but no good sign. Here, we call it pare ular.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is my 2nd successful attempt too! I have faced same issues like you!

      Delete
  5. Yummy meal! I love this vege a lot.

    ReplyDelete