Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Papaya Harvest

Harvest time is the best moment of gardening! It make us feel so proud of our effort! We feel our hard work paid off! That's beauty of gardening.  


Past 2 weeks I have been plucking papayas. 4 papayas are harvested last week and another 4 yesterday.

Unfortunately one tasted by the monkey! I was a bit late to pluck them. So the monkey had tasted first! It's ok....The papayas are in abundance so I don't mind a few bite from them on single fruit! That fruit will go to the dustbin. Another 3 shall be wrapped and ripen in the kitchen. In my garden, kitchen bench is the safest place to ripen fruits! hahahaha....


Few more left on the tree. I shall pluck once it shows the slightest sign of ripening!

The tree is getting very tall. Is this normal for a papaya plant?


9 comments:

  1. Wah, cantiknya papaya yang dituai..pokok saya belum nampak tanda nak berbuah..berbunga sudah tapi buah tak lekat pun

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dulu macam tu jugak. Sekali tu monyet makan & hancurkan pucuk. Lepas tu tumbuh balik & berbunga....

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Not easy job! hahahha....So i convince myself little sharing is ok....;)

      Delete
  3. Wow, lovely papayas! Hope you are faster than the monkeys this time round!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not easy....As far as they let me harvest some, I'm thankful to them! hahaha..

      Delete
  4. You are living next door to monkeys.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Once I saw one monkey at my kitchen window and I was so afraid it will come inside. I shouted really loud and it went away quickly. Actually the monkey frightened me also hehe...

    ReplyDelete