Monday, September 26, 2016

Finally the Bananas!


Above is my first banana harvest! There were 2 bunches on single tree! It's really ridiculous right!

I decided to use a ladder to chop down the bunches. The tree is still standing high. I shall chop the tree in few weeks. The tender trunk shall be taken and cooked as Indian style.


The main bunch has bigger fruit.



The sub bunch has a lot of fruits in small size!

I tasted one yesterday out of curiosity . It's not fully ripe yet but has sweet taste!

There are a lot of bananas! We share them with neighbours and family!

I have to think of recipes to use all the bananas once they ripe..... Banana cake, Malaysian dessert cengkodok, puding, what else?




14 comments:

  1. A fantastic haul. Does the tree die after fruiting?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The tree doesn't die. It only produce fruit once so usually we chop the tree after harvesting the fruit.

      Delete
  2. Cooking the tender trunk is interesting thing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, what a harvest!
    Banana pancakes! banana ice cream!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats! The bananas look lovely, and two bunches from one tree! Marvelous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm thinking it's time our banana tree moved back into the greenhouse for winter. You look to have a great crop of bananas Malar.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's ok, you have a lot of berries to harvest! ;)

      Delete
  6. I am not so lucky for not being your neighbour.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, the bananas appeared so close together and very plump. Oh, I love banana fritters. Make some :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. banana fritters? That's another dish! Yummy!

      Delete