It's been quiet sometimes since the last harvest of papayas. The trees produce another batch of papayas and now they are a bit bigger.
Another tree with flowers!
This time I wrap all the big size fruits on the trees. This is in order to avoid any pest larvas. I'm not sure how but in the past I saw a lot of worms in the ripe fruits! I think I throw about 3 large size fruits!
Usually I pluck the unripe fruits when they show the first sign of ripening and ripen indoor. Nicely wrap in paper. I wonder how the pest inject their larva into unripe hard fruits! So this time I'm taking extra precaution.
Another tree with flowers!
This time I wrap all the big size fruits on the trees. This is in order to avoid any pest larvas. I'm not sure how but in the past I saw a lot of worms in the ripe fruits! I think I throw about 3 large size fruits!
Usually I pluck the unripe fruits when they show the first sign of ripening and ripen indoor. Nicely wrap in paper. I wonder how the pest inject their larva into unripe hard fruits! So this time I'm taking extra precaution.



Wow, so promising, Malar! We still have two papaya tree in our backyard. We mostly harvest the young tender leaves and cook them.
ReplyDeleteMmm...menjadi betul papaya yang ditanam Malar. Dah patah sekerat pun boleh tumbuh buah lagi...
ReplyDeleteI've never eaten a papaya. I do like the leaves of the tree.
ReplyDeleteThe papaya re-grew? I am amazed to see two branches emerged from the trunk. Btw, I hope the ones your wrapped won't be infested by any larvae.
ReplyDelete