Balsam have pretty little flowers in red, white, pink , etc. They are pretty easy growing plants. I have many of them in the past and with a lot of seeds pod.
Unfortunately once I transplanted them to their dedicated flower bed early this year, the plant become leggy and no seeds pod produced. I'm not sure if the soil is the reason as the flower bed soil is rich with hummus and it's soft compare to flower bed which is mix between clay and black soil.
Finally after so long, I see their seedling near vegetable bed again and it has produce a lot of seed pods!
Pretty balsams! The legginess is sometimes caused by overwatering, or too much shade.Malar, I am envious of your mulberry fruit!
ReplyDeleteThe red colour of the flower is so charming.
ReplyDeletelotusleaf: I think the reason is shade, since there are big plants nearby.
ReplyDeleterainfield: ;)
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ReplyDelete