Mint plant has love and hate relationship with me. Once I have many of them to the extend I use to pull them out since they try to suffocate my other vegetables. But after planting and re-planting so many time at the same place, I give up. They seems to be very unhappy at their existing place. May be all the required nutrition is gone! But I remember adding fertilizer though! I just can't figure out the real reason!
Anyway I locate them at new bed. I bought some from wet market and plant them in new area. After about a month of growing, they seems to be happy! That's a Happy Ending I believe!
They appear to be growing well, but then Mint usually grows well and multiplies easily.
ReplyDeleteCher Sunray Gardens
That good to hear you have fresh supply of mint available with no worry. I have to propagate some mint since my 'new' garden does not have mint yet.
ReplyDeleteMints.
ReplyDeleteAnd I love laksa with many leaves of mints too.
I always thought of mint as a weed until I started making fresh mint tea.
ReplyDeleteI've a similiar experience with mint. I find them temperamental. They can grow lush and luxuriant, then suddenly commit mass suicide. Recently I stuck some stems (after plucking off the leaves for assam laksa) in a pot and they have taken root. Maybe this time I'll have better luck.
ReplyDeleteSunray: yes! That's why i wonder why mine not the same... ;(
ReplyDeletetukang kebun: good luck with your mint! ;)
rainfield: Laksa? yummy!
b-a-g: weed? hahhaha...!
stiletto: You're so right! I face the same thing here! ;(