Friday, November 30, 2012

Kangkung


Water spinach which is well known as Kangkung in Malaysia is yummy vegetable! This is another vegetable which I suddenly had problem with. I had them for more than 2 years! They are easy to grow and self seed easily too!


Then all of sudden, the nightmare begin.....the branches started to rot for no apparel reason. Finally the whole bunch of them gone even though I tried doing everything I can....This is part and parcel of gardening I think..... 

Kangkung trying to climb pucuk manis!


I re-mulch and add some soil and started with new kangkung batch! This time they seems to be growing well! 


the spent flower

the flower bud

7 comments:

  1. The leaves don't look like something edible.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Malar.. one fine day you should put up entries regarding variety kangkung recipe..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, gardening is full of challenges. Hope your new batch of water spinach does well. By the way, I have never come across this vegetable here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wonder how it tastes....very good for you I would think

    ReplyDelete
  5. ugh. That stinks. But when it does well, do you find it gets invasive?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I guess maybe that's more of a problem in a larger body of water.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sue: it's edible! ;)

    suka suka: recipe? hahaha....

    lotusleaf: Try finding it near watery place like swamp....

    sharon: It taste sweet....!

    Wendy: It's very invasive! That's why i wonder how come it's gone...!

    ReplyDelete