My daun kari ( curry leaves) have grown so tall. The leaves are getting smaller and I think it's time to trim them down before they become leggy..... So yesterday I chop them down! I forgot to take the chopped plant photo!
So what you have chopped down so far beginning of this year?
Another topic now.... ;)
I can see red decoration everywhere now in Malaysia! Tangling "Tanglong" and red "angpow" packet on the lemon tree! It's Chinese New Year season again! I still remember getting "red angpow" packet from my neighbours long time ago!
I don't have any red in my garden except the chillies!
We are now in new year mood.
ReplyDeleteGong Xi Fa Choy
Not started chopping yet but soon
ReplyDeleteIt's not too late to say Gong Xi Fa Chai. Talk about chopping, I dont have big trees to chop, closest is trimming. Yes, I recently trimmed the side branches of basil which had become fairly woody and big....
ReplyDeleteHi Malar,
ReplyDeleteYour curry plant is growing very well!
I need to chop my belimbing tree very soon, but they are fruiting almost non-stop!!
Wow Malar you did a great task. I don't like chopping trees. My hands will get tired and archy. Oh I can imagine the smell of the curry leaves. Believe it or not I really love the smell ;-)
ReplyDeleteYou need not chop down your curry tree at all. I thought it was looking so lush and majestic. Your photo of the red chillies is a nice tribute to the ethos of CNY.
ReplyDeleterainfield: Gong Xi Fa Chai!
ReplyDeleteSue: Hope you can trim down many! ;)
Bangchik: Basil? That must be huge one!
kitchen flavour: my belimbing stay as it is from about a year ready....sigh....
stephanie: It's tiring work but I have to! ;) Yes, curry leaves have nice smell!
stiletto: ;)
wow, that is a pretty looking crop of chillis
ReplyDelete