Thursday, May 30, 2013

Lime


I have only 1 lime tree in the garden. It takes so long to grow to almost my height. Almost 3 years I guess...... It has been fighting the damage done by numerous caterpillars all the time.



I give up on caterpillar attack sometime ago and made agreement with them.....You can have the leaves and I will pluck the lime....sound strange but i have no choice.



I have try spraying pesticide in the past but they return after few weeks and since this year I'm trying to minimize pesticide in the garden.... I have to do some other arrangement....Sometimes I remove the fat caterpillars if they seems to appear in large quantity though......



8 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had seen a huge lime tree... overshadowed my neighbour's house.. how wonderful that time.. numerous of lime stock! a good compromise with the butterflies... I wonder what kind of butterfly laid their eggs on your lime tree1

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is one healthy growing lime shrub there Malar! Hmm... if I have that big lime, I think will use it to either make a glass of drink or squeeze it onto a piece of fried fish. Happy harvesting limes and thinking about what to cook with them :-D Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The agreement with caterpillars sounds fair enough!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We have a lime tree too. Ours took a few years to really get going, but now it puts out more limes than we know what to do with! I don't know what to do about the caterpillars. :( As long as you (and your tree) can live with them, I guess they are OK. At least the butterflies are nice. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Suka-Suka: Big lime tree overshadowed neighbour's house? wow!

    Stephanie: I just make drinks from them but Squeeze on fish sounds tempting! ;)

    sunray: Hope they cope up well!

    Sue: I try to be fair enough for the butterflies sake! ;)

    rainfield: You have high imagination! ;)

    dreamybee: That's good news for me! DO you find catterpilar attack?

    ReplyDelete