Tuesday, January 21, 2014

The Dracaena cuttings


Dracaena bicolour has beautiful leaves. No wonder it's called a rainbow plant! It's leaves look sharp but in actual they are very fragile!




I accidentally placed the pot at the shaded area while waiting for the stem to grow roots. The stem bend ahead to find sunshine!


 Originally I bought 1 plant from the nursery. Now I have 3 additional plant from successful stem cuttings!


This plant so far has no pest attack! It's a bonus for gardener with limited time to spent in garden!



I have propagated them successfully with stem cutting! They seems to be very easy to grow from stem cutting!

It's air filtering plant too! 

5 comments:

  1. I love the plant but up here we can't keep them in our gardens. They are for indoors. Looks great in your yard.
    Cher Sunray Gardens

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a Dracaena as a house plant and when it gets too bedraggled I cut off the top and new sprouts for but I've never taken cuttings from it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Truly a lovely plant with many colours like the rainbow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have ever planted this Dracaena, but it's not good enough. We have fairy similar climate, so we have similar plants too. Your blog is so interesting. I really enjoy following your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sunray: They must be good as indoor plant too! ;)

    Sue: May be you can try the cuttings next time! ;)

    James: Very lovely plant indeed!

    endah: Thanks for dropping by my blog! ;)

    ReplyDelete