Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Gotu kola


Finally I planted the edible Pegaga or Gotu kola in my garden. I got it from my home town and planted in a long pot. It's somehow growing well while I was not taking care of it last year! ;) weeds can be seen so it's time for me to clean up my garden! You can also see the all rounded version of pegaga ( non edible) which is invading my garden at the moment.! I'm trying to remove it weekly! hahhaa.....

There are many benefit of Gotu kola! You can read more detail from herbwisdom.com!

"Gotu Kola is a rejuvenate nervine recommended for nervous disorders, epilepsy, senility and premature aging. As a brain tonic, it is said to aid intelligence and memory. It strengthens the adrenal glands and cleanses the blood to treat skin impurities. It is said to combat stress and depression, increase libido and improve reflexes. It has also been indicated for chronic venous insufficiency, minor burns, scars, scleroderma, skin ulcers, varicose veins, wound healing, rheumatism, blood diseases, congestive heart failure, urinary tract infections, venereal diseases, hepatitis and high blood pressure." 





3 comments:

  1. Happy New Year Malar! I have a friend who grows pegaga and eat it regularly. That rounded version one, it grows very fast but pretty. Anyway, I finally decided to totally discard the plant from my garden last month to make way for newer plants.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The things that you don;t want to grow always seem to be the quickest to grow and hardest ti get rid of!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have the rounded one and still maintaining it as they are so lovely. How does one go about preparing a concoction of the edible pegaga in a palatable form?

    ReplyDelete