I have planted and harvested so much Pak Choy last time. They were so sweet and tasty to cook with garlic and ginger.
After some time, I stop planting them to make way to other vegetables. My garden is not so big to accommodate all of them in one go. Moreover, I read somewhere that planting the same vegetable on the same bed is not good idea. It will make the nutrition level drop dramatically. When we circulate the vegetable planting, the nutrition will be balanced. Sometimes back in November last year I tried planting them again but with no success. They did not grow as I expected. Snails ate almost all the seedlings and the wet weather kill the young seedling too!
As the weather is warm now, I tried sowing the seeds again. So far they are growing well. I hope I will harvest handful of them!
As the weather is warm now, I tried sowing the seeds again. So far they are growing well. I hope I will harvest handful of them!
I hope you have a better weather for your great pakcoy!
ReplyDeleteMoving things about helps prevent the build up of pests and diseases too. Pak choy has never done well for us.
ReplyDeleteI remember all that you use to get. Hope your new harvest does well for you.
ReplyDeleteCher Sunray Gardens
I envy that..!! oh this new place I limit veggie to "tanam dalam pasu saja".
ReplyDeleteI love Pak Choy.
ReplyDeleteEndah: IT's extremely hot here!
ReplyDeleteSue: Pak choi need hot sun.... ;)
Sunray; I hope the same! ;)
Bangchik: I remember your great harvest!
rainfield: I love it too! ;)