Thursday, February 13, 2014

Pokok Nangka @ jackfruit



I have planted the jack fruit seedling almost a year ago! But they have been dormant all this while. Year 2014 must be a good year for it as I can see a very good progress on the tree within a month! The tree has put up a lot of leaves and growth. The best part is the fruit! I don't think the fruit will grow big as the tree is still not matured but I'm happy to see the tree growing well!


The fruits are so sweet and pack with antioxidant and protien! I just love the taste! Indians use the seeds in curries too! They taste so good!

The fruits has very strong smell similar to durian when ripe! 

 I need to wait another 3-4 years before It produce big and sweet fruits !

2 comments:

  1. I look like a male flower. In Java we call it babal. We usually make rujak from it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It will be interesting to see a ripe fruit,

    ReplyDelete