Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Pegaga after shower!

Pegaga is growing steadily with good supply of rain! The leaves look green and fresh!


Indian prepare "தொவையல்" pronounced as  "Tovaiyal" with this Gotu Kola. Saute mustard seeds with oil. Add chillies if you want it to be spicy. Blend it with gotu kola leaves and some water. You can add mint or curry leaves too. Pour the blended solution in the frying pan and stir until it thicken. Ready to be served with rice! It's really yummy when mint and curry leaves are added. With all the added health benefit this is really a wonderful plant to have at home!


Have you tasted Gotu Kola before? how you cook them?

4 comments:

  1. Hello Malar! No I haven't tasted that dish before. Sounds interesting :-) Btw your pegaga is cute and lovely. You have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We call this plant pegagan. I use to boil or steam the pegagan leaves and eat with sambal urab ( hot and spicy grated coconut)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stephanie: same to you!

    endah: That's good way of eating!

    sue: It's more popular in Asian I guess ;)

    ReplyDelete