Friday, April 18, 2014

Lemon grass


I learn from pass experience about lemon grass. They do not like wet/soggy soil. I have once very lush lemon grass bush. I lost them during monsoon season where we get so much rain. Previously I planted them at low area where water pool when heavy rain for few days!


I transfer the plant to higher place and they are growing well now!

Lemon grass usually used in making curries. Any meat taste really good when you add lemon grass! I read somewhere that it can reduce cholesterol too!


10 comments:

  1. I don't know how many time I planted lemongrass in my garden, but nothing remain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great that you found the right spot for it. Looks like it's doing really well now.
    Cher Sunray Gardens

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not sure that lemon grass would grow here,

    ReplyDelete
  4. You should try plant it in the pot. It's work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. you are right.... lemon grass prefer drier and sandy soil...

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looks fabulous Malar. I've tried to grow lemongrass here in the UK using stalks from the supermarket. They develop roots well when left in water, then can be planted out in the late spring/summer. But the winters are too wet/cold for them and I've never managed to succeed keeping them alive by moving them indoors in a pot overwinter.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks beautiful. We had lemon grass for a couple years, but lost it this winter. We left it outside. That's not a good idea in this region!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love lemongrass, too, especially for making ayam goreng berempah, but never tried growing them yet.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Malar,
    I grew lemon grass ages ago, but they are taking up space and decided to just buy them for my cooking! Or sometimes, get them from my sister's garden when I visit her. Glad to know that yours are growing well.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Endah: Try growing them in high area . ;)

    Sunray: I put my finger cross!

    Sue: It need warm weather.

    Normala: That's good idea to avoid water retention! ;)

    Bangchik: I hope they like the new place

    suburban: It need warm weather.

    jody: It need warm weather to grow

    ismail: Ayam goreng berempah sounds yummy!

    kitchen flavours: You have good option! hahahha....

    ReplyDelete