The red Hibiscus had grown so tall. It has wide spread the branches and stand big in front of other small plants! The plant produce so much of flowers that many birds use to drink the nectar of the flowers and play on the branches. Every morning this area of my garden will be noisy with birds.
The heavy rain and strong wind the other day ended all of them. The hibiscus topple down. The strong wind and the loose soil after heavy rain make the whole plant uprooted so easily.
Last weekend I chop them down and re-planted the tree. This area has become quiet again now. No more busy bees or birds.They have choose to stay at the mulberry tree.....
We have rainy and windy months during February and March. So many plants in my front yard finally collapsed. Like yours, I cut down my hibiscus. I found a bird nest on the branch. My front yard look so empty and so quite. Just a few birds that perching on the trees. I hope your garden will recover soon
ReplyDeleteOh! such a pity. The shrub was so lush. What I normally do to avoid such a situation is to trim of all the lower branches to reduce the load. The shrub topples easily as it has a fibrous root system.
ReplyDeleteI was going o ask if it could be replanted - it has a small root ball doesn't it?
ReplyDeleteOh, how sad. It was a beautiful shrub. I have lost things in storms as well, and I always go through a little bit of a mourning.
ReplyDelete