Wednesday, June 18, 2014

caterpillar at the garden


I must admit that i posted the curry leaves post too fast that I forgot to click ok tab after download the photos...



Anyway my garden is infested by many of this caterpillars. But they disappear very quickly. I'm not sure if all of them changed to become butterflies or the birds had a feast on them!


This orange caterpillar is really new to me. I never seen them before.






7 comments:

  1. Oh... I found so many caterpillar like this on my garden several months ago. They ate the leaves quickly. The young caterpillars have green color, and the older will turn yellow and then orange.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The green caterpillars assume an orange hue when it is about to move into the next stage - pupa. Soon you will be able to see them fluttering around your garden. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. life is give and take... For a healthy garden there would be caterpillars however scary they may look... :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Green caterpillars are very difficult to spot aren't they?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh the orange one looks scary. I prefer green ones :-) The other day I saw a new butterfly in my garden. I thought of taking a shot but it flew away from me quickly... sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Malar,
    Caterpillars can be a nuisance, especially when they feasted on my kaffir lime leaves, and boy, can they eat real fast!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looking at the bright side, it means that your garden is alive and is a breeding nest for butterflies....

    ReplyDelete