Serai or lemongrass has been growing quietly at a corner of my garden. On and off I take some for my cooking. They look like a big bunch of weed or "lalang" from far!
I love the aroma of cooking chicken with them!
I did tidy the plant last weekend. A few hair cut and clean up the weeds around them.
What a shame, I didn't ever success in growing this plant. Actually I often use it to give more flavor in some traditional foods.
ReplyDeleteSerai is one of my favourite home grown plants too. I used them amply in many dishes. They are simply lovely and give the dish the extra kick.
ReplyDeleteYou are a barber now.
ReplyDeleteHi Malar,
ReplyDeleteI did not grow any serai in my garden, due to lack of ground space. I tried growing them in container, but it is just not the same.
I love using serai too in cooking!
Hi Malar, my neighbour grow hers in front of the house. She always has to cut back hers too and quite frequently. Happy gardening and cooking with serai. I seldom use it as I don't cook curry all the time. One of my friends used it to make drinks. Tried before? Cheers, Stephanie
ReplyDeleteYour lemon grass is much taller than I imagined it would be.
ReplyDeleteYou have been a good hairdresser! My lemongrass has become too unruly now.
ReplyDelete