Thursday, November 27, 2014

cucumber - another try



This is my another trial on cucumber. My previous plant died while bearing fruits. They wilted all of sudden and dry off. I uprooted some and found so many worms on their root. I guess they are some pest larva.

I have seen a lot of Orange insect eating the leaves. I never really put attention on them as I thought the pest are just munching on the leaves. I think they have done enough damage to my plants with depositing their eggs in the soil.




This time I watch out for them. The cucumber plants have started to produce flowers and bear a fruit. My eyes are wide open to find any pest! I hope when I turn my back on my garden none of the pest attack the plant!




5 comments:

  1. Good luck with the cucumbers. I hope that the pests stay away

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you gain a lot of cucumbers..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Malar,
    Hope your cucumber plant thrive this time round, with lots of harvest!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope this one will thrive and flourish plenty of cucumbers! Not an easy vege to grow. Good effort , Malar :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sue
    Suka suka
    Kitche
    Stephanie:

    I'm putting my fingers cross! ;)

    ReplyDelete