Monday, November 24, 2014

pineapple fruiting

This is far beyond my expectation! My pineapple plant have started to set fruit. This is really a big surprise for me. I hardly care for them except watering done once a day. Once in a while I will put some fertilizer.

The young fruit is red in colour for now. This is my first time to see pineapple young fruit!




I read somewhere that it takes another 6 months for the fruit to mature! It's a long journey but I more than happy to see the ripe fruit! 

5 comments:

  1. Wow! I am happy for you. Keep watering ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do not have your kind of patience.

    I "obsoleted" my pineapple for not bearing fruit for more than one year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's the flower, actually. The fruit will set soon

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stephanie: ;)

    Sue:Yes indeed!

    rainfield: I have 2 pineapples keep growing for the past 3 years too! hahaa....

    Endah: Is it? When they will become fruit then?

    ReplyDelete