Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Ubi kayu @ Cassava

Cassava or Ubi kayu is famous tuber plant in Malaysia. This is another plant that I'm putting my hand on. I got few cuttings from a friend. They are easy to grow from stem cuttings. If you have space in your garden may be you can try like me.



Cassava is very high in carbohydrate. The highest next to rice. There are few ways to cook cassava. My favorite is to boil them until soft. then drain the water and sauté with indian spices to add flavour. Another way is to fry them.

Anybody have other recipe to share with using cassava? I bet many home chef are around ! ;)


2 comments:

  1. I think I have seen this for sale at some point but have never used any,

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the taste of ubi kayu... just that, I think it cannot be grown in Japan due to the weather...

    ReplyDelete