Papaya have been my favorite fruits since young! They are packed with Vitamins.
I decided to plant papaya tree in my garden.
They are growing slowly. I hope Monkeys will spare them. In the past the monkeys always break and eat the young shoots.
I decided to plant papaya tree in my garden.
They are growing slowly. I hope Monkeys will spare them. In the past the monkeys always break and eat the young shoots.
I'm not sure if the plant is male or female. Hope I have few fruits to eat in future!
Can you protect it in some way?
ReplyDeleteOh I have never known if monkey likes the young papaya shoots. I hope your plant will be safe.
ReplyDeleteMy favourite too, Malar! Funny, just the other day I saw a man carrying several papaya seedlings to work... maybe to give away. I hope yours will flourish well and that they are all female ones... fingers crossed!
ReplyDeletesue: I use wire mesh but once they are tall, it's difficult to use ....
ReplyDeleteendah: Yes! They love it so much!
stephanie: ;)
Malar, I read somewhere on the net saying female papaya seedling has 5 lobes leaves while male only has 3, and the male seedling has one straight root. I also have a few papaya seedlings and i keep the female seedling planted nicely at the back of my house, i hope they will bear sweet fruits.
ReplyDeleteOh, monkeys are the frequent visitors to your garden.
ReplyDelete