This ginger plant was planted from the ginger I bought in wet market. They are growing well at the shade under the Avocado plant.
last week rain and strong wind have knock down my trellis I made with unused gate. It make some damage to the ginger plant. I have saved some of them. They look healthy at the moment!
Ginger is used so much in Indian cooking as well as Ayurvedic application. They are beneficial rhizome to have at home.
Ginger is used so much in Indian cooking as well as Ayurvedic application. They are beneficial rhizome to have at home.
Hope the tuber/gingers will grow out more shoot soon :-) I use gingers frequently in my cookings too.
ReplyDeleteDoes this type of ginger have a flower? Some types of ginger do seem to have very pretty flowers but maybe they are grown as ornamentals rather than being edible.
ReplyDeletestephanie: ;)
ReplyDeleteSue: They do not produce flowers but their I still love them! hahahhaaa....