Thursday, April 9, 2015

Mulberry


2 months back I trim down my mulberry plant. I could not resist to plant back the stems even though there were no space available to grow them at that moment. I decided to plant them outside the garden along the walkway of house. The soil here is hard and full of stones. Not so good place for planting.


Anyway I tried my luck. The mulberry must have struggle very hard here. They don't really grow well after 2 months . Nevertheless the produce some juicy fruit for us! What a survivor!

I shall buy some soils to rectify the problem.


6 comments:

  1. Amazing... the cuttings still produce colourful fruits.. we have common habits ha ha... coudn't and won't waste plant cuttings ... somebody told me that by planting hibiscus hardy and unfertilize soil can be solved...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really want to grow a 'right' cultivar of mulberry like yours. I have grown mulberry but the fruit was not good enough, too slim and the taste was not good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My mulberfry tree is dotted with black, red and green.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Suka Suka: Yes! same habits! Hibiscus to rectify soil health?

    Sue: Yes they can grow big!

    Endah: Hope you get good mulberry cutting soon! ;)

    rainfield: dotted so colourful! hahahhaa....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can you please tell me where I can buy mulberry seeds in Kuala Lumpur as someone I know might visit there next month?

    ReplyDelete