Wednesday, July 29, 2015

The colourful folliage

Very often the foliage plants are ignored as many look for blooming plants!

However some foliage plants are really colourful and beautiful too. Dracaena is one of those which have beautiful foliage. The leaves are striking in green and red.



Croton in striking red , yellow and green!





Spider plants are beautiful too in green and white! At the moment I have many sucker plants. All are welcome in the garden. They add colour to the garden!


Some of foliage plants can be used to filter the air too.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    

what kind of beautiful foliage you have planted in your garden?





8 comments:

  1. We call it that Dracaena as 'Song of India', I don't know why. But that's so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So nice to learn about Dracaena's other name thanks to Endah Murniyati. I love them too - they have such mathematical shapes! (I am a math teacher ha ha!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. We would grow these in the house.

    We have lots of colourful foliage in the garden too like the hostas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That dracaena is really something. Usually I will prune it and not let it grow tall. Now I wonder if yours will reach the second floor haha...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Endah: That's new name for me too!

    lotus: Yes the are symmetrical leaf ;)

    Sue: Hosta do have pretty leaves!

    Lrong
    potted garden
    rainfield

    : They are colourful

    stephanie: They will so reach the 2nd floor! hahahha..

    ReplyDelete