Petola or Angle luffa is back in my garden. At the moment they have started to sent out a lot of blooms. They are pretty in yellow! The flowers will bloom in the late evening. Night pollinator are required. In my garden , ants do the job!
Most of the flowers are male. Hope the female will bloom soon!
![]() |
| female flower |
![]() |
| male flower and female bud |
![]() |
| ants as pollinators |
![]() |
| female blooms |
This vegetable has a sweet taste and have a soft and white texture. Looking forward for petola harvest!






Hi Malar,
ReplyDeleteYour petola plant is looking lush and healthy! The flowers indeed bloom at night, and sometimes I've done the pollination at 8pm at night! Hope you will get lots of petolas! And about your enquiry on the malabar spinach seeds, I do not have any. In fact, I have never bought them before, I planted them from the stems of the veggies which I bought from the market, just like you would kangkong.They are easy to grow from the stems. Try it!
Suburnya pokok petola ..saya punya baru tanam. Walau dibaja tapi kali ini nampak macam tak mahu menjadi. Tidak tahu dimana silapnya...
ReplyDeleteI hope that soon it will have plenty of female flowers.
ReplyDeleteLooks so lush! We call it 'Oyong' or gambas. You reminds me to sow the oyong seeds that I have.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful yellow in the green.
ReplyDeletepotted garden: it can be grown from cuttings? let me try then! hahaha
ReplyDeletenormala: harap pokok petola normala menjadi! ;)
sue: It has started ! ;)
endah: Oyang? good name! ;)
rainfield: ;)