Monday, September 28, 2015

mulberry

The Haze situation have become bad over the weekend. The API index stands at 190. Very unhealthy level. I heard it was due to Gunung Lokan jungle on fire in Indonesia on top of existing plantation burn down activities! Altogether we are breathing very bad air at the moment! Schools are closed today. It rains yesterday but not enough to bring down the thick haze.....

Plants don't mind haze! Mulberry plant have produce a lot of fruits after trimming section!

This is my harvest last Saturday. Bowl full of berries and few lemons. Most of them ripen . We stay indoor most of the time to avoid haze so I have overlooked the fruits. We can't finish it fast, so I decided to do Mulberry juice.


Combination of lemon and mulberry! Yummy taste of juice!


A bottle of thick mulberry cordial. Just mix with water and you have nice juice to drink without flavoring, colouring and preservative. The bottle was half full by evening when I took this photo!


6 comments:

  1. That's interesting! I've looking for mulberry plant to be grown on my tiny garden. We can get lots of benefit from this plant

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cordial looks very tasty. I am surprised that burning of fields is allowed when it can be so dangerous. Does it affect the wildlife too?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Endah: Try planting some! ;)

    Sue: Wildlife and human! It happen every year without fail! ;(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good idea.
    I am waiting for my next harvest then I can try your menu.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Malar,
    What a bountiful mulberry harvest! The cordial looks good!

    ReplyDelete