Finally after a long wait, Papaya plant have start fruiting. I might need to thank the monkeys! Once they pluck all the leaves and let the plant bald. Eventually the leaves grow back and the flowers bloom again! This time the flowers set fruits!
Male and female papaya tree side by side! The male tree is having thin stem. Most of the nutrition absorbed by the female tree I guess!
The female flower
The male flowers!
The fruits from far! My smart phone photos are not so clear....
Yippie! Hope the monkeys are not coming back. I saw a pretty male papaya true that day. The flowers made the tree look like those decorative 'bunga manggars'.
ReplyDeleteYes Stephanie! They really do look like bunga manggar! ;)
DeleteThis morning I cooked male papaya flowers stir fried.
ReplyDeleteEndah, you should share the recipe! ;)
DeleteThe leaves are are really lovely and the flower very unusual. I hope the monkeys leave the fruit alone.
ReplyDeleteSue, I hope so! ;)
DeleteHaha, you thanked the monkeys.
ReplyDeleteI have too! hahaha...
DeleteNice to hear that your papaya tree is flowering... hope that you can get a good harvest soon...
ReplyDeleteI'm keeping the finger crossed! ;)
DeleteOh, congrat for your papaya...I'm plant the papaya tree too, for the 2nd time..dont know the result yet..male or female...
ReplyDelete