Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Papaya - a show!


 It's awesome to have papaya plant in garden. Once the tree mature, they produce sweet fruits! Three fruits have been plucked and 2 eaten. 1 of them I have to throw due to fruitfly larva! I can't figure out how the eggs was deposited into the fruits. Before it get ripen, the fruit is so hard and covered with latex.


This time around, I have a plan. Once the slight colour change happen, I shall pluck the fruits and ripe them in the kitchen. They ripen well and full of sweet taste!

I wonder why the market bought papayas have funny taste even though the price is ridiculous! It's tasteless sometimes. If I have dozen of papaya trees, I won't ever buy a papaya anymore! I think , I shall plant many of them to get continuous supply of papaya for my home! ;)



Well, I getting so much into papaya now! hahahhaa..... I'm so ambitious with papaya! 

4 comments:

  1. So promising! Mine still producing first flower.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are quite high up for picking - do you use a ladder or a long handled lopper?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes..you are right Malar..plants more papaya & other fruits tree. I also love papaya but papaya's are not growing well in my area.Just like something wrong with the soil. My neighbours also got the same problem. The tree always die while the fruits are still young...Your papaya's look so great & healthy..

    ReplyDelete