Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Banana tree


Banana planting need a lot of cleaning section! This is the area where I grow my banana. It all started with single plantlet. Now I have few of them. On and off we need to tidy this place. Chop the leaves, collect the dry bark, etc


Can you see the banana on top of the tree? The plant grow very tall. I need to use ladder to chop the banana flower and later the fruits! If all goes well, I shall harvest bananas at the end of next month!  


That's my calculation. Maybe it will take longer or shorter. I don't really keep track of the timing. So I only has a rough estimation with me!


I chop some of the leaves for Ponggal - Hindu harvest festival last month. So they look tidy now. We ate our lunch on banana leaves! The rice have very authentic taste on banana leaves!

10 comments:

  1. Why do you chop the flower won't that mean no fruit?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No Sue, the flower will be at the end of the branch. If you don't chop a lot of energy will go into the flower producing activity

      Delete
  2. I used to listen to ghost stories about banana trees.

    :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are huge, Malar. But it is a good thing too - no one can climb so high to steal them hehe...

    ReplyDelete