I thought i have one jackfruit and one "cempedak" tree. At least that's what I requested for in nursery 5 years ago. However, the nursery man had made mistake. He has given me 2 jackfruit trees!
One have grow big and i have plucked 2 fruits which are edible. Now there are 3 fruits hanging but i'm not sure if it will ripe. 2 fruits aborted half way.
This mistaken identity jackfruit tree grow very slowly. it's not so huge tree compare to the other one. Previously it produce many fruits but it dropped down half way. The plant aborted the fruits as part of survival i guess!
However the tree was so determined this time around! The fruit keep growing !
This is the half aborted fruit from the first tree. The fleshes are not ripe. I have to throw them away! This are part of gardening....so happy news and some unhappy ending.....
One have grow big and i have plucked 2 fruits which are edible. Now there are 3 fruits hanging but i'm not sure if it will ripe. 2 fruits aborted half way.
This mistaken identity jackfruit tree grow very slowly. it's not so huge tree compare to the other one. Previously it produce many fruits but it dropped down half way. The plant aborted the fruits as part of survival i guess!
However the tree was so determined this time around! The fruit keep growing !
Finally I harvested a big fruit which weight 12kg! Such a huge fruit and the fleshes are so sweet!
This is the half aborted fruit from the first tree. The fleshes are not ripe. I have to throw them away! This are part of gardening....so happy news and some unhappy ending.....




An interesting fruit.
ReplyDeleteVery sweet taste Sue! ;)
ReplyDeleteBeautiful harvest of jack fruit Malar!
ReplyDelete