Finally Angle loofah has started to produce little fruits. there are currently 2 fruits. So many flowers are available but only 2 manage to pollinate well I guess.
beautiful! I am getting ready to do a talk about Chinese vegetables and i'm going to bring some angled luffa to demo how to peel and cook. Pretty unique.
As far as growing for sponges, I did grow smooth (not angled) luffa one year. Much bigger sponge.
Your Angle loofahs (we call them ridge gourd)look yummy. I remember my father would pollinate the flowers manually with a small (artists') paint brush and get a bumper crop!
Interesting, it will be fun to watch these grow.
ReplyDeleteCher Sunray Gardens
Wow, your angle loofah are looking good, Malar!
ReplyDeleteIn the uk, dried loofahs are sold as a bathroom accessory for scrubbing backs. I didn't realise that they are made of fruit.
ReplyDeleteMy family did use dried loofahs to scrub backs or bowls and plate.
ReplyDeleteThis was when I was a small kid.
beautiful! I am getting ready to do a talk about Chinese vegetables and i'm going to bring some angled luffa to demo how to peel and cook. Pretty unique.
ReplyDeleteAs far as growing for sponges, I did grow smooth (not angled) luffa one year. Much bigger sponge.
Sunray
ReplyDeleteKitchen flavour
This is my first time with angle loofah! ;)
Bag
rainfield
wendy
This type is edible. We saute it with garlic and dried prawn. Yummy!
Looks like they growing well. I have the female blooming but no male around.
ReplyDeleteYour Angle loofahs (we call them ridge gourd)look yummy. I remember my father would pollinate the flowers manually with a small (artists') paint brush and get a bumper crop!
ReplyDelete