Angle loofah or petola in Malay is sweet vegetable. It taste so good by itself.
I just saute the angle loofah with garlic and ginger. I add a tomato too for a change! Some will add dry prawns too. They taste so yummy!
How you cook your Angle loofah?
I'm linking this post to Wendy GTTC
I just saute the angle loofah with garlic and ginger. I add a tomato too for a change! Some will add dry prawns too. They taste so yummy!
How you cook your Angle loofah?
The only loofah I have come across are those in the shops sold to scrub your back.
ReplyDeleteVery interesting about cooking it. Looks good though.
ReplyDeleteCher Sunray Gardens
You lure me at this time, 6:56pm.
ReplyDeleteLooks so yummy! Did you grow it in your garden?
ReplyDeleteWe stir fry them... sometimes, we do soups with them... my missus actually prefers the 'smooth' type, Egyptian Loofa, that is... although I am more inclined to the angled type...
ReplyDeleteKakdah would try any of the followings:
ReplyDelete1. stir fried
2. masak lemak putih with shrimps
3. soup.
Sue: I think that variety is different. They are smooth surface.
ReplyDeleteSunray: they are! ;)
rainfield: hahahhaaa...
lotusleaf: Yes! my 1st experience with them ;)
lrong: You're truly malaysian! ;)
bangchik: masak lemak putih with shrimps ! delicious!
Hi Malar,
ReplyDeleteJust popped over from Joyce's Potted Garden. Curious about that loofah. I've seen it in some of the health food stores in New York but I never knew what to do with it. Next time I'll have a better idea:)
Thank you so much for sharing...
Hi Malar, thanks! I love both tomato and angle loofah. Will try with tomato next time I cook angle loofah. I always fry with prawns ;-) Have a great day!
ReplyDeleteJust to let you know I have tried frying both tomato and angle loofah. Love the taste!! It's super yummy :-D Thanks again.
ReplyDelete