Friday, June 8, 2012

Kangkung vegetables

Kangkung which is known as water spinach, grows well in tropics. I like to saute them with garlic and ginger.


Grasshopper love them too! Look at the leaves. All have traces of "grasshopper visit". I think they find Kangkung crunchy and delicious compare to Pak Choy. No wonder they left my Pak choy bed..... ;)




10 comments:

  1. These grasshoppers must be very choosy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You seem to get lots of problems with grasshoppers. Fortunately for us they don't seem to be a problem here although lots of other things are.

    Should there be a photo as there is a big blank space when I viem from my computer. Having siad that my computer does what it likes at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a shame to deal with this problem there. Have you researched the web to see if there is something you can do to help?

    Cher Sunray Gardens

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh dear, the grasshoppers must have eaten away all the leaves. This is because I have nothing to look at now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Malar, Autumn Belle is right, the hungry grasshoppers must have eaten up all your veggies! I can see nothing! No photos??
    Hehe! Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Grasshoppers do come to our garden too, but they are not that much of a problem as yet...thank god for now...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Grasshoppers leave their mark wherever they go. I have really huge ones in my garden!
    Malar, I have nominated you for the Versatile blogger award in my latest post. Do check it out yeah ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. The girls I have been working with in Jakarta just love water spinach and always order it as a side dish if we have a meal together. The last time in Bali, it had tiny shrimp through it and was delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  9. hm, I've seen grasshoppers around, but not in the garden. Right now i'm seeing lots of Japanese beetles around. yuck.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have grown Malabar Spinach and it works great in dishes. Is this the same variety?

    ReplyDelete