Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Pak choy with pest

Pak Choy have become a good meal for the grasshopper. Look at the leaves! Most of them have been eaten up....



I just wonder why only one have been feasted by them. The another 2 growing little vegetables have not been touch...... Is grasshopper being considerate to me? or they want to wait until it grow a bit????

10 comments:

  1. Maybe like slugs the grasshopper returns to the one he has started rather than moving on - slugs follow their scent back to where they have previously found a food supply. Moral don't get rid of the nibbled plant!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is just irritating. Wonder if you kept light screening around them if that would help.
    Cher Sunray Gardens

    ReplyDelete
  3. Grasshoppers are not greedy lots, they feast on one at a time..... haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sue: I hope so...ahhaha

    Sunray: I think I have to put netting! ;)

    Bangchik: Grasshoppers in my garden like kangkung more than Pak choy! hahahha...

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is really annoying to have bugs eat away your crop. I suggest you try netting them or spray with some organic pesticide such as neem oil.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Probably that pak choy is more delicious than the other hehe... have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope the grasshoppers leave your crops alone. Good luck with your garden!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Maybe the grasshopper knows if he eats the smaller one right now, it only a small snack. So it waiting for the Pak choi to grow bigger for bigger snack ;P.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The greedy grasshopper took the bigger pak choy.

    ReplyDelete
  10. interesting! So what do you do to get rid of grasshoppers?

    ReplyDelete