Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Roselle

It's been long since I did Roselle juice. The main reason was that I never sow the seeds after the mother plant died. I was ignorant. Or may be I tried to be ignorant due to my busy schedule!

We start to buy cordial from the shelves! The taste of cordial can't beat the original taste and soon my house members start to complain......ghee......


I have no choice but to sow the seeds and wait for the fruits to appear! Finally after waiting for a month , the Roselle start to produce fruits.


Fresh fruits are ready for harvest and processed to be juice!


9 comments:

  1. your roselle really looks healthy, mine got 'lubang' everywhere. did you fertilized the plant?

    ReplyDelete
  2. As I don't know roselle - I looked it up on the internet. So its a member of the hibiscus family which I know you have lots of in your garden. I have two as house plants which haven't done much flowering this year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It tastes so good after such a hard work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @mat jon, try AMWAY SA8 left over water to water those plants. It is a biodegrable washing detergent which is good for water greens.

    @Malar your posting lightens me up my memories of those days that I planted Roselle (Hibiscus Sadriffa) with height as high as 8 feet or more. I planted a hundred plus in year 2000 time. Now, I have some more young ones coming up as short as 5 cm. Try to make soup using the shoots fried the ikan bilis n garlic first. You will feel the sourness there..

    ReplyDelete
  5. I made myself some roselle jam a few days ago and planning to make some cheese tart with the jam. I like the sourness.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nothing beats homemade, that's for sure! You got some nice Roselle plants there!

    ReplyDelete
  7. mat join: this time not so good harvest...I need to fertilize i guess!

    Sue: Yes! It's member of hibuscus! Just happen to be a lot of them in my garden! ;)

    rainfield: absolutely!

    Dew: 100+++ plant??? Wow! that's a lot!

    wanie: yummy tart!

    kitchen flavours: you are right! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. hello im dying to grow this...but the seeds i planted did not survive transplanting.....sigh..

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wow!! Are these easy to grow?

    ReplyDelete